I was reading online today that there are apparently many different types of moms. In fact, there are several quizzes that you can take (one from Oprah) to identify which type of mom you are, which type of mom you have or even which type of mom you will or would be. Whew.
So, in the spirit of identifying various "mom styles", I put together a Mother's Day Gift Guide. I identified the following types of mom that seem to cover all the most important mom groups:
1. The working mom (no nonsense - she wants to make no decisions in the morning regarding which jewelry to wear so mixed metal jewelry fits her needs perfectly)
2. The elegant mom (she always looks polished and ready for whatever the day brings - from a large charity event, to lunch with friends or dinner with her husband.)
3. The yoga mom (simple jewelry is always her "go to" but still with a little flair, such as the tiny little amethyst drops below.)
4. The best friend mom (she is your best friend and your mom; or she is your best friend who also happens to be a mom and you want to honor her and her fabulous self on her special day. The classic byzantine silver bracelet is a perfect choice.)
5. The active mom (no time to sit still for long; this mom is always on the go and needs a straight forward, no nonsense bracelet to wear day after day, with a design that is always perfect for any occasion.)
6. The sweet mom (this mom is always ready to listen to you and offer encouraging words - these little sterling silver heart earrings are a perfect compliment to her personality.)
Want to read more information about the history of Mother's Day? Go here.
Made by Hand
Laura lives in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and creates jewelry inspired by ancient patterns.