Stainless steel and hammered sterling silver long necklace - this necklace measures a almost 40 inches in length! Perfect for layering with the other necklaces in this Strata Collection
Don't forget the cute hammered matching earrings!
Making my own rings to use in designing my silver bracelets and necklaces is something I enjoy doing. It is a tedious task but I like the control I have over the quality of the rings (both in the precision of the sizes and the smoothness of the rings) when I do it myself.
It is possible to buy rings pre-made but I have not found rings of the quality that I am looking for. The sizing is especially important - if the rings to even 1 mm too big or too small, the design doesn't work as well (or, sometimes, not at all). So I continue the making from plain round wire to perfect, finished silver rings!
These sterling silver earrings have a knotted appearance due to the way the rings are put together. The are a great match to the other pieces in the Strata Collection - Layered Necklaces
1. Elliptical silver earrings 2. Long layered necklace 3. Long layered necklace - knots 4. Set of layered necklaces circles
At one time or another, we have always wondered exactly which necklace to wear with the blouse we want to wear to work. Here is some helpful info about how to choose the right necklace for your neckline.
1. With a blouse or top featuring a bow or other "fussy" neckline, it's probably best to forego the necklace altogether and opt for a nice pair of large earrings. A necklace is likely to "fight" with this type of necklace so don't over think it - just grab your favorite pair of larger earrings and go!
2. With a cowl neckline, the same can be true as for the bow neckline, unless you choose a longer necklace. The Strata layered necklace collection has several choices for a long necklace that will lend a sleek and elegant look to this type of neckline.
3. With a halter neckline, the important thing is for the necklace be a just the right length - not too close to the neck but not so long that it gets lost. The medium length necklaces in the Strata Collection (such as the pearl necklace) are just right for this neckline - there are currently three design choices for you to choose.
4. With a turtleneck sweater or (more likely in the spring or summer, a sleeveless mock turtleneck), you can feel free to pile on the layered chain necklaces, if you are comfortable with the look. There are three choices in the Strata Collection for sets of long chain necklaces - soon to be four choices! See the pearl set, the circle set and the knotted set.
Ever wonder which type of necklace is best for which necklace you are wearing? If you are anything like most women, you have wondered this exact thing - and more than once!
This is Part 1 - Which necklace? Which neckline?
1. For a boatneck neckline (always popular in spring clothing collections coming out now), a long, chain necklace is a great choice. Not only does a long layered chain necklace not get caught up in your neckline but it balances the width of the neckline, creating a longer silhouette.
2. For a V - neckline, it's best to go with a necklace that will "nestle" just above the V. Especially nice for this type of neckline is a necklace of the same shape - one that will fall into a V shape when worn.
3. Finally, for a scooped or crew neck, the general rule is that, for a lower scoop, where a shorter necklace; for a higher scooped neckline, choose a longer necklace. A couple of long layered necklaces is perfect for this neckline.
Part of the NEW Strata Collection, these handmade "knot" earrings look great on their own or as part of the set of coordinating layered necklaces - go HERE to see the collection of matching necklaces.
The longest necklaces in the Strata Collection are about 40 inches long; this stainless steel necklace is accented with handcrafted sterling silver "knots". East "over the head" design!
Three of the layered necklaces from the Strata Collection. These necklaces are stainless steel accented with handcrafted sterling silver "knots".
Another layered necklace from the Strata Collection of stainless steel and sterling silver jewelry! Stainless steel jewelry is great - not only is it lightweight but you don't have to worry about tarnish or rust - just great all around metal for jewelry.
The shortest pearl dangle earrings from the Strata Collection. The pearls are oval shaped and are about 1/2" in length.
Everyone loves sterling silver earrings especially in the "stacking rings" category! Wear one, two, three or more - even as a "midi" or knuckle ring.
Fun fact: did you know that the most common ring size for women is size 7? I always make sure I make plenty of that size!
Click HERE to join my list of handmade jewelry lovers - free shipping and private sale included so come on in!
Stainless steel and freshwater pearl earrings in a new, medium length - these will easily take you from night to day. They are classic and just right for every outfit and every occasion.
These stainless steel pearl earrings are about 1.5" in length from the top of the earwire to the bottom of the oval pearl.
The oval pearls are hand wrapped with a very small gauge of sterling silver wire. The handmade earwires are sterling silver.
Stainless steel is lightweight, will not rust and is unaffected by heat, humidity or water!
Do you love super long earrings? These are the longest earrings I make in the Strata layered necklace collection. Made of indestructible stainless steel and freshwater pearls, these dangle earrings are about 3 3/4" long from the top of the handmade silver earwire to the tip of the oval pearls.
Lots of fun - but if long is not your cup of tea, don't worry - there are a couple of shorter designs to choose from as well! (You can go here to see the medium length ones or here to see the shortest ones.)
I am Laura Teague, a metal smith, knitter and sewist living and working in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and traveling the western US whenever I can!