I always have several knitting projects on the go. Usually at least four, sometimes more. In addition, I always knit in different places...in the car, near the TV, on the deck, at the coffee shop...you get the picture, EVERYWHERE.
I got tired of not having paper/pencil when I needed it or being ready to close the toe and not having a tapestry needle in my bag. So I decided to get organized. Thanks to Amazon and things I had around the house, I was able to put together a little pile of what I needed in each bag! So, without further ado, here is the list of important knitting notions that I now keep in each of my project bags!
1. yarn/needles of course
2. pattern (or parts of a pattern)
3. extra needles (I switch between small cirulars and dpns so ALL those needles need to be in there)
4. tapesty needle
5. small ruler (gotta know when to start the next section)
6. tiny crochet hook (to pick up the occasional dropped stitch)
7. pencil/paper (random notes)
8. stitch markers (I like to keep a variety of sizes on hand)
9. ball band with project notes on the back.
I think that's it!! Will update as I come across other things that need to be in there.
If you like the silver stitch markers, click the button below to get a closer look & shop!
I am Laura Teague, a metal smith, knitter and sewist living and working in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and traveling the western US whenever I can!