When Mother's Day rolls around every year, I think about my mom and feel gratitude for the mom figures I still have in my life. If your mom is gone, I'll bet you do the same.
I always send a little something to the moms in my life: maybe just a card, maybe a piece of my own handmade silver jewelry, maybe a phone call where I can relax and enjoy sharing remembrances with someone who has some of the same memories I do.
If you are among the many people who send gifts to a mom in your life, I have put together a fun Mother's Day offer for you - a gift for her & a gift for you! Here are the details: for the first 20 people who order $50.00 or more of my jewelry between May 1st and May 14th, I will include a pair of FREE handmade pearl earrings. That's a win-win! (In south Louisiana, this little something extra is called "lagniappe"!)
Another favorite piece are these earrings that I wear all the time! I call them earrings for the "Yoga Mom" because they are simple enough not to get in the way of anything life throws at her but also unusual enough to be fun to wear. To see all the gemstone possibilities available with these earrings, go here.
Go here to shop the complete collection of jewelry!
Go here if you want to see the complete Gift Guide for Mother's Day
As always, thanks for stopping by! I hope to see you in person at one of my shows soon! Oh, and, Happy Mother's Day!
Mother's Day is coming up in just a few weeks and, like many of you, my mom is no longer around. I miss her everyday but especially on Mother's Day. My mother was a generous, loving person and my best friend, even though we didn't live in the same city or even the same state. She would just hate that I posted those three photos of her here but, it's my blog and it feels good to me to honor her in this way. She was not afraid to look and act silly, as you can see in the first photo. She was completely in love with the ocean and island life and traveled to be near the sea as often as she could - yearly when we were kids, more often when we were grown & she and my dad were retired.
I wrote another blog post about Mother's Day awhile back; if you would like to read it, you can go here to learn all about the history of Mother's Day. Oh, yes, I almost forgot - I put together a Mother's Day gift guide. Check it out if you are lucky enough to still have your mom in your life or someone else you would like to honor on her special day!
I was reading online today that there are apparently many different types of moms. In fact, there are several quizzes that you can take (one from Oprah) to identify which type of mom you are, which type of mom you have or even which type of mom you will or would be. Whew.
So, in the spirit of identifying various "mom styles", I put together a Mother's Day Gift Guide. I identified the following types of mom that seem to cover all the most important mom groups:
1. The working mom (no nonsense - she wants to make no decisions in the morning regarding which jewelry to wear so mixed metal jewelry fits her needs perfectly)
2. The elegant mom (she always looks polished and ready for whatever the day brings - from a large charity event, to lunch with friends or dinner with her husband.)
3. The yoga mom (simple jewelry is always her "go to" but still with a little flair, such as the tiny little amethyst drops below.)
4. The best friend mom (she is your best friend and your mom; or she is your best friend who also happens to be a mom and you want to honor her and her fabulous self on her special day. The classic byzantine silver bracelet is a perfect choice.)
5. The active mom (no time to sit still for long; this mom is always on the go and needs a straight forward, no nonsense bracelet to wear day after day, with a design that is always perfect for any occasion.)
6. The sweet mom (this mom is always ready to listen to you and offer encouraging words - these little sterling silver heart earrings are a perfect compliment to her personality.)
Want to read more information about the history of Mother's Day? Go here.
Laura lives in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and creates jewelry inspired by ancient and contemporary designs and motifs.